It’s time for another useful installment of “I’m bored!” Have you ever heard this statement come out of a child’s mouth? If your answer is yes, this is the entry for you. We’re here to provide you with a DIY craft project that you can do over the weekend. Read on to arm yourself with a solution to childhood boredom.
Since spring is upon us, we thought it appropriate to share with you an outdoor project that you can put in your yard, garden, or on your front stoop. Enjoy!
Garden Stepping Stone
Disposable pie tin or tinfoil baking tray
Quick-set cement (this can be found at your local hardware store)
Stones, marbles, buttons, sticks, etc. to decorate the final product
- Adults, mix the quick-set cement according to the directions on the package.
- Get children prepared to work as soon as the cement is poured by rolling up their sleeves and putting petroleum jelly on their hands for protection from the cement.
- Place the pie tin or baking tray on a flat surface that is covered by plastic. This will protect the surface from any spillage.
- Pour the cement into the tin and tap it until it settles nice and flat.
- Let children place their hands in the cement or write messages with sticks
- Have them decorate their creation with marbles, stones, buttons, etc.
- Allow the cement to set before you tap it out of the mold.
The finished product can be a great gift or an addition to your garden. We hope you have fun with this project. If you have any photos of the finished product, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your artwork could end up featured on the blog!
Have a great weekend and stay away from boredom!